Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"The event of the season"


Wow! What an awesome partay! Danna Banana drove in from Rockland County to rock out at the Hippo Playground. My dad was quite anxious the night before. His neck was jotting from side to side like a malfunctioning crane. All the weather stations said there was a 90% chance of rain. Bad odds, especially when they upgraded it to 100% chance. I guess because I am truly blessed "The event of the season" was storm free, just a few light sprinkles.

Wow, what a relief. Emma was correct, nervous I was. 'There are horrible floods in Missouri, but please I have favors and strollers and jeuce boxes to transport. Please let the rain storms stall in Pennsylvania for a few hours.'
That was my prayer.
Danna Banana was concerned that the kids weren't that into him. He was drenched in sweat and a little despondent. Adina tried to cheer him up, telling him, "You did great."


Today is Emma's actual birthday. We're getting ready to visit the San Diego Taubman clan, packing, napping and charging the batteries.

No comments: