Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don't try this at home


There's nothing my dad can't do!



Daddy: The recession has hit home.
In an effort to save money I gave little Emma home cut.
I watched a YouTube video by a mom named Candy. She filmed herself cutting her son's hair outside her garage somewhere in New Jersey. She made it seems so easy.
Well, once I started cutting her wispy curls I realized it was like I was lost in a a spider web, using a machete to cut myself free.
"I'm a loving father," I thought, "This will turn out OK."
In the morning my wife screamed, "Somethings is wrong."

She was right. Hair was jetting out at impossible angles.
It's annoying spending adult prices for kids stuff all the time but it is part of being an American. For $35 they fixed her up at Cosy Cuts. I will never use my $40 hair sheers again (contact me if you're interested, they've only been used once.) Fortunately, Emma looks adorable, like a miniature Leslie Caron. When I told my wife it would take "just a year" for it to grow back in, she was not pleased. The best new is four year old Emma could care less, as long as she has her mommy and daddy and a pink lolly pop.



No comments: