Monday, September 1, 2008

Bronx Zoo


I wanted to play with the Tiger. He was watching me, behind a giant glass, then stretched against a giant tree like a rubber band. Then he suddenly climbed up the tree. Everyone pressed against the glass looking in on the tiger gasped. Then security yelled at us all to get back behind the tigers paws. There were tiger paws painted paw prints on the floor.
"Please get back," this man said, "I don't want a disaster." He seemed a little fearful. The tiger seemed friendly to me.

I had some popcorn. I also had a giant pretzel and went potty. I also put some money in a machine that made a monkey sound as it inhaled a dollar bill.

Emma insisted on buying some popcorn, right before going to Tiger Hill. Maybe the tiger just wanted some popcorn. I am very happy to have left the zoo in one piece. No tigers claws imbedded in my body.
As a side note, they only had one size of popcorn. I asked them, as part of my new assert my concerns lifestyle, why they didn't have a children's size popcorn at the zoo, which is for children. The saleswoman didn't have an answer, just smiled, showing me they only provided her with the one size.
"How can a toddler eat that much?" I asked and got no answer.

All the parents leaving the zoo, deserve a fortune cookies with words of hope and thanks.


No comments: