Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chanukah Dreidel: Spin, Spin, Spin



Wow! This year Chanukah was on December 1st, way before Christmas. Being Jewish is all about being completely unpredictable. My dad told me some days I may get two presents, others 4, some one and some none. "You just don't know what's going to happen," he said. Well, today was the last day. Things I got: a pipe cleaner vase kit, Cinderella book, a journal, stamp blocks, cool building blocks (from Grandma), Leapster (I picked out at Toys R Us!) and weird doo-dads and a lot of chocolate money I already ate.



Daddy: After eight days I really needed to nap. Her teachers, so she said, told her on the eighth night you get your really big present. I didn't know about that tradition. Ugh, I thought. What is considered really big. Fortunately, Emma forgot about the really big present idea, and was happy to go with the "anything goes" Chanukah format.

No comments: